These discussion questions were developed in collaboration with 3rd Act Magazine to accompany David’s article – “For the Love of Earth” – for their Spring 2022 issue (pages 38-41 in this digital format). Available for you, with permission from the publishers.
Who would you like to invite for a conversation about healing the planet and making the world a better place, for everyone, everywhere?
David Korten’s Ecological Civilization white paper can be freely downloaded and shared as a basis for discussion. Link to it at David’s website.
Here are some suggested discussion questions to share with your group or book club:
- What is your vision of a world that works for everyone, everywhere?
- How did we get to this time of multiple global crises? How do we change course to heal our relationships with Earth and each other to support well-being for all?
- Where does the power reside to make the kinds of major changes we need?
- As an elder, how do the crises we face affect you and those around you? What life skills, knowledge, wisdom, experience, and/or resources can you contribute to help advance the movement toward an ecological civilization?
- Choosing a path to a future of well-being for everyone and our living Earth is no small, short-term task. Everyone everywhere will need to pitch in, with elders taking a special role. Starting now, what special skills and resources can you offer, and how will you influence and participate in making the necessary changes to help pave the way for the next generations?
- What would it look like to be a truly interdependent species?