- Hartmann Big Picture interview with David Korten broadcast on RTV on October 31, 2011 on the themes of The Great Turning: From Empire to Earth Community in two parts. Part I focuses on the personal history that led to writing the book, including a reminiscence on a experience Thom and David shared when they traveled together with a group of “Great Minds” to Daramsala, India to meet with the Dalai Lama.
Part II focuses on rule-based Main Street markets and one-person one-vote democracy as the alternative to rapacious Wall Street capitalism and how we can get there.
- A two part interview with Korten by Cooking Up a Story was also released in October 2011.In Part I he spells out why capitalism is the moral enemy of both democracy and the market economy and why real democracy and real markets are the preferred alternative to capitalism.
Part II explores the implications for sustainable agriculture.
- Rose Aquilar, KALW radio host, asks Gar Alperovitz and David Korten “How can we create a more just economy in 2012?“
- Harrison Schultz interviews Korten for Occupy Wall Street Focus on the Fed Day. “What is the Federal Reserve and What Should We Do with It?”
- Seattle NPR station KUOW ‘s Steve Scher interviews David Korten and Michelle Long on the New Economy. Aired December 21, 2010 now available as podcast.
- David Brancaccio’s Fixing the Future documentary. which originally aired on PBS November 18, 2010, features a running conversation between Brancaccio and David Korten on the New Economy. This is the complete interview.
- Interview by Michael Thom audio stream New Dimensions
- Interview by Alan Hutner and Levi Ben-Shmuel, Transitions Radio Magazine
- Story Teller for a New Economy, Z-Magazine interview